My Story

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ah 3 weeks into Semester 1 of Year 2 already....and I've never even talked about my modules here. In short, I'm taking 5 modules this sem: 3 core, 1 SS and 1 GEM. A brief summary:-

EE2006: Digital Design
This module is alright. Lecturer's okay though some parties claim that we go to class to listen to a dictation of truth tables since this module deals mostly with logic gates. So far, still can cope...hopefully can do the same when labs (projects) start....hmm....

EE2009: Signals
The lecturer's funny...he has a certain kind of accent and quite cute (I mean really cute, not the handsome kind of cute...just cute) cos of the way he talks and behaves and his actions. At the beginning, I felt he was going too fast and couldn't catch up with him. But, lately, after reading the txtbook, I find it ok...although answering exam questions may not be so simple...but compared to the killer module below...this is ok.

EE2012: Analytical Methods in ECE?
According to the 2nd part lecturer who happens to my module, this module is some rubbish maths clumped together...you can't get any other reference books which will give you all the topics taught except the txtbook written by the 1st part lecturer... The current lecturer, I can't understand what he's teaching really, I think even if I read the notes myself I can understand better...how to survive this module?? :(

GEM1508: Einstein-quantum theory n relativity
GEM's are always supposedly to be fun. Well, it is a break from core modules of course....but it's no easy peasy either. There's a book review to be written, and the concepts of relativity aren't very hard to grasp...even for a Science student. But, the fun thing here is that I'm taking the module with Shu Lin and Li Wei. And, we got to experience star gazing tonight. We went to the soccer field and looked at Jupiter through telescopes...managed to see brown bands on Jupiter and its 2 moons (only 1 visible)...quite cool...

SSA1201: Singapore Society
By far, this is the lecture I most look forward to. 2 reasons: lecturer's so interesting (sarcastic) though sometimes I shrink into my seat when he starts poking at M'sia...not without reason. 2nd reason is cos it's the last lecture of the week and the weekend is coming haha. Ah...lucky I chose this SS module...summore got Li Wei, Terry and Tirza taking together...hehe...

Well, that's all for the academic stuff these 3 weeks...Feeling down these past 2 days...maybe studies starting to become overwhelming, hall activities application is going on, a lot of stuff and pressure from others...or maybe other stuff as well...just have not been feeling myself...so don't mind me if I appear solemn....sad....cos that's what I really really feel like...hope it's js a phase...
posted by z_jun at 12:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home