My Story

Saturday, May 24, 2008

So sick so siccckkk....sick of ppl, sick of calling, sick of worrying all the time whether the person will agree or not, sick of having high hopes about getting the sponsor, sick of dashed hopes when the person eventually says no...I guess it's part of the job. After all, not many would want to sponsor for nothing in return really....say if it is a small company...they don't have the capability to sponsor....say if it is a big company...they are not interested in such small events....then which companies are the right ones to ask? Hmm...it's not to say that we din get any sponsors though. There are some successful ones such as L-bars, CCB-s, egg crates, fruit trays that are pretty much settled by Wai Pheng and Boon Chek. So, we are quite half done with the sponsors...it's not that bad.

It's just me...tired of hearing my heart pounding everytime I pick up the phone...how the person would react to the word sponsorship. Some will say send email, some will say call back tmr....I dun blame them cos it's not an easy decision. Some nasty ones will say we don do this this and that, some js go nonononono, some say dun call back. Hey...we're js trying our luck, u don't have to be so rude. But maybe still can't blame them....cos if I was on the other end of the line, owning a small company, some stranger calls and asks for sponsorship I might bullshit them also...I dunno...haha....anyway doing this OMC...we try and learn to deal with these ppl...but I still haven't found a way to counter these ppl...I'll js have to blindly push thru the days...

Although calling is the major part of the job, I can't say that I don't enjoy OMC though. It has been fun working wif Boon Chek, Wai Pheng, Pooi Yean and Chao Yian. The times we just sit there and laugh at each others phone calls, talk crap bout childhood days sweets, trips to collect stuff (yesterday 4 of us travelled by bus to collect 300 egg crates....imagine what the other ppl in the bus would think of us haha). Overall, the company is great...

Anyway, 2 weeks have passed. Countdown: 1 more month to head home yes yes... =)
posted by z_jun at 12:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home