My Story

Monday, May 19, 2008

Haha...finally found some time to start blogging again. Well, I've been back to Singapore for almost a week now. For OMC work...been calling for CCB sponsorships. So far, sent some email proposals but none of mine replied yet...hopefully it's due to the long weekend. But, Boon Chek got one positive reply willing to sponsor us...yes!!!

Actually, calling isn't my cup of tea. But, it went quite alright...because I was js like a robot repeating the same phrases to the people who were on the other end of the line. Polite and courteous, they were the same to...most of them were at least. I don't blame them if they decline to sponsor either because their company is too small or doesn't manufacture what we're looking for. At least we tried...being the person asking for sponsorship, we SHOULD be polite otherwise ppl would not even bother to want to consider sponsoring us. It's okay really...I don't mind...hopefully there'll be more successful responses when most companies start work again tmr.

That is about requesting for sponsorship...what about asking for a service? Such as renting a truck. Hmm... I was supposed to deal with this truck man who supposedly is very 'fren' with Raffles...but it didn't come off well. It was js a chaos. Although I called him last Thursday saying that we would need a truck tmr that is, Tuesday...and today I called him again to confirm the time...he told me that they son't have any extra vehicles available. Hmm...he kept saying that we didn't confirm with him what day what time, and yet when I ask if I call you 3 days earlier, can u confirm a truck for me....he says he can't confirm that either because bla bla bla, so what's the point of calling him early to confirm anyway...which I did at least confirm the date with him and he didn't even bother making a point for that...I really dunno how he runs his business...this is business not asking him for sponsorship yet he doesn't want to make effort to try and help us...Maybe we called him a little late...but we DID call him earlier but he said it was too early...call him back in 2-3 days...I mean...what does he want exactly?? Izzit cos we're students....I dunno...shouldn't he be making the service?? I dun understand and I dunno what he wants. Haih...one bad experience here... :(

Other then OMC stuff, I still have plenty of free time to myself. How do I spend it? Haha...watch tv, watch movies, play badminton with the only other souls in hall....cy, bc and jas....haha...souls that play that is.... =) Otherwise, it's quite sien cos hall's a little to quiet for my pleasure...counting down 5 weeks to home haha....
posted by z_jun at 5:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home