My Story

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Yeah…can come online after a long ‘break’. Thanks Shuang Xiu for your advice. But, actually I dunno what happened to my internet. Suddenly can log in suddenly cannot. =p Thanks anyway!

Got nothing to blog about so I’ll write bout my relatives’ visit last Sunday and the previous Monday. The previous Monday, my father’s side family came down. Not everyone but one of my uncle’s whole family -12 of them. My uncle, my aunt, four cousins, their respective spouses and 3 kids.

It was kind of a special event cos they hardly visit us in Klang. It’s my family that does the visiting to Penang every year during Chinese New Year. Main reason is of course because my dad’s hometown is in Penang so it’s only right if we go back to Penang during CNY. And, my dad’s side of the family consists of a LOT of ppl. So, they can’t conveniently travel here often.

So, back to that Monday. My uncle’s family went to Genting the day earlier so they decided to drop by since they were so ‘nearby’. In my opinion, I don’t think Genting is so near Klang but since they came from Penang then I guess it can be considered near. =p So, we took them to Pandamaran to eat crabs. We would have brought them to Teluk Gong but they arrived quite late so we were afraid that by the time we reached the restaurant it’ll be closed. Our lunch dishes was almost everything in the sea. Fish, crab, sotong, prawn, lala. Since there were so many ppl to finish up the food I didn’t feel extremely full la. =p Throughout the lunch, I didn’t speak much cos they mostly speak Hokkien and my Hokkien is hopeless. :( But my cousin, Ah Peng knew English and he was always cracking jokes so it was alright la. Then, brought them to our house to rest before they start on their journey back.. Yeah….so it was fun.

In less than a week, on Sunday, we had our 2nd crab lunch with my aunts from my mother’s side. This wan not so special la cos they stay in KL and PJ so we frequently have these lunches (no offence) =p Haha….but still this ain’t an everyday affair so it was fun too. This time we went to Carey Island to have our lunch. Food there was yummy. After lunch, we went to a temple in Banting. This temple is supposed to be a tourist attraction. There were lots of decorations and statues. But, compared to the first time I went there during CNY (if I’m not mistaken) not very nice la. Cos the 1st time we went at night, so it was brighter and cos of CNY there were more decorations and activities. =p

posted by z_jun at 1:06 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home