My Story

Friday, August 03, 2007

Orientation

*phew* tiring 2 days...Previous day we had a 'sleepover' in the comm hall. Slept at 12 plus...I suspected they'll do something in the middle of the night. Since we happily gathered ourselves as 'preys' there and were asked to wear sports shoes... =p Sure enough, at 5am in the morning, they banged on the cardboard walls waking all of us freshies up. Then, we had a short morning jog. God only knows what would others think if they see a group of >70 ppl running around so early. After the jog-cum-run, we walked thru a 'tunnel' to a small area. Then they distributed t-shirts...green in colour...same as my kelantan t-shirt colour yea. All of us recited a pledge led by one of the seniors. Oh then a phoenix rose up into the air from a some place not far away. Big thing made of cloth. The seniors sure put hell a lot of effort in making that. Kudos to them! We had a slice of cake for 'breakfast' later because it was the hall master's birthday.

Then we went back to our rooms and continued our sleep. I didn't participate in the day's activities cos I had to go to Lavender to kau tim my student's pass. But I think it was just a guide on how to bid for CORS. NUS has a system where u hv to place bids like auctions to get the modules which aren't pre-allocated to u. Cool huh? In the night time we had a steamboat dinner and a dialogue with a Justice who was the ex-hall master and ex-Rafflesian. Ended at 10.30pm I think. Think the day's over? Not at all...js the beginning of the block initiation. We were blindfolded and all of us were led in one line all around the block. There were obstacles yes...flour on our faces n shirts, steps up, steps down, drains and whatever the seniors could do to try and stop us. We got wet and dirty of course. And the last one was a water slide which they made on the slope. That was fun...and wet. We also had a hilarious pledge which goes something like this...repeat after me, say what I say, Mcdonalds Mcdonalds, KFC ah KFC, then it continues with something sensible like I will not bua (think it means rampas) seniors' gf-s or bf-s. Haha....there were some sense la...but 50% of it was totally for laughs. I found the whole event quite fun la...destress...oh wait I haven't been studying for 7 months...what's there to destress...hehe...

And today finally kau tim-ed my TFL yes. It was a smooth process on the 3rd try. 3rd time lucky? =p
posted by z_jun at 5:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home