My Story

Saturday, September 15, 2007

YONEX JAPAN OPEN - Chong Wei stuns Lin Dan again

Ok....this is from badzine.info. I copied it but the spacing all lari d...hope still can read. Chong Wei jia you...beat Taufik! Though it's an uphill task....hopefully u can do it!

Lee Chong Wei was the hero of the day when he beat Lin Dan in straight games, entering his first Yonex Japan Open badminton final and making up for his World Championships disappointment. He will face Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia in the final on Sunday. Raphael Sachetat, live from Tokyo. Photos : Badmintonphoto (live) He had beaten Lin Dan in the Sudirman Cup. At the time, it wasn’t such big news as Malaysia had already lost the tie in the team competition and obviously, Lin Dan didn’t play at his best, which had gotten him in trouble afterwards. But on Saturday, in Tokyo, Lee Chong Wei was facing the newly crowned World Champion for a more important match… Copyright : www.Badzine.info

And once again, the Malaysian came on top, showing Lin is not invincible. The first game was the key to this match and when both players reached 19/19, it was Lee Chong Wei’s patience which paid off. “I knew I had to remained patient for this match, this may have been the key. I had beaten him before and I’ve been playing well lately – except for the World Championships, so I was still confident I could beat him “ said the Malaysian (pictured here holding his coach Misbun Sidek after the match). “My loss in the worlds came as a shock to me but I looked back and told myself it wasn’t so bad especially being able to get back to a good level like here”added Chong Wei. In the second game, he just kept calm and took a clear advantage towards the end, which Lin narrowed a bit but not enough to catch back the Indonesian Open champion, who took it home 21/19 – 21/16. “As I said, I am still in the process of getting back in form after I won the World Championships. Lee Chong Wei was very confident today and he has been playing on the same level as myself and deserved to win” said Lin Dan. "Now, I have to be very careful against Taufik, in tomorrow’s final, and keep my concentration. I have beaten him last time in the China Masters so I hope I can do it again” said Chong Wei, who hinted that off court, Taufik was one of his best buddies, but on court, it was a different story. “He wants to win, I want to win. We will fight hard to get the title” said Chong Wei.

Taufik (photo) also managed to book his ticket for the final – the second back to back after his loss last year to Lin Dan. He beat Simon Santoso in straight games and looks forward to playing his friend. “I know I have to be very careful about Chong Wei. He beat me last time but I will fight hard, all the way, in the final tomorrow. Now, I feel like I’m more relaxed playing on court. I enjoy myself and being a father has changed my plans. I wanted to retire at some point, but now, I want to keep playing so that my daughter looks up to me and be proud of her dad” said the Indonesian.
posted by z_jun at 6:21 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home