My Story

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Things happen

Okay....we were supposed to have our first badminton IHG game today at 10am. Woke up early to go warm up at takraw court at 8.30am. By 9.30am, we were already in MPSH 5 warming up and getting ready (more like getting freaked out at the sight of the opponent's power). As usual, of course the thing didn't start at 10am la...by 10 plus, they finally called for all the hall's captain. They're getting started....so we thought... Then, unexpectedly, our MM told us that the organisers didn't book the courts at SRC and they were booked by the public...so stupid la the organisers. So, we had 3 choices: either postpone to 1pm or 4pm or go to Sheares or KR hall... After lots of discussion they finally decided to postpone today's match to next Sunday 1pm...we can c how "efficient" the organisers are...What a BIG mistake to make....organise a competition and don't even have a venue for it? Wow...didn't know these things can happen...

Well, at least we have more time to prepare for the game...which I don't think will make a big difference after seeing how we perform in training today. We kept on making simple mistakes...ah basically we didn't play well at all la...if we play like this against Eusoff or any other hall...I think we will kind of embarass ourselves...well enought of whining...guess we should js step up our game, and try our best not to make mistakes (that's the main aim)...I don't really know what we should do actually....other than js try our best.

By the way, we have another crisis cos Yan Teng, Ju Ee's partner has hurt her knee and is advised to keep off badminton for at least 2 weeks. So, now Ju Ee is without a partner....and we haven't came to an arrangement yet as it js happened...the things that happen...gosh...

Appreciate today I tell myself. What else did I do today? I enjoyed supporting Ee Hiang at floorball though it really gives me an impression that the sport is super rough and I vow never to try playing haha. I also enjoyed watching the KR vs Temasek badminton match in Sheares Hall. Temasek beat KR 3-2. I wonder if my hall got chance against KR or not if we meet them...come to think of it...not much chance either...hmm...Then, had lunch/tea with Yee Cheng and Shu Lin at Ginza...also shopping around there. Poor YC came all the way to MPSH to support me (which I dun think it's the main reason she's there...think she's there to support her hall guys as well hee) then end up we had to compensate her by going to support KR at badminton haha...okla..not bad...had fun...hee...

So, look forward and think positive even if the cup is only a quarter full.... :)
posted by z_jun at 11:53 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home