My Story

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Today was PE day. The dreaded "can do OR cannot do" situation has
finally come. When I saw the 1st question, okay it was quite easy
as the lecturer has said. Confirm most people can finish that
question. But, 2nd question totally blur la. Blur as in not like
I've never seen this kind of question before. I was more like
kicking myself for not taking the initiative to go and try to do
or at least find out the solutions for these kind of questions.
If I did, I could have probably finished a part of the question.

Anyway, the questions aside, when it was time to start coding, we
all happily started on the 1st question thinking it was surely
do-able in a short while. I typed a few lines of code to read in
the input. Then tried to compile lo. Make...*waits*...saw that it
was kinda hanged...Ctrl+C...Sweep.exe removed. Oh no...did I
accidentally remove some file...hmm...quickly called the lab TA.
Lab TA also quite stressed at what was happening, he didn't know
what was going on. Somehow it managed to compile later on. Then,
oklo, I thought problem resolved. Continued typing...suddenly when
typing also the arrow got stuck also...*waves hand frantically to
lab TA*. He tried to resolve it as well. Close window, use new
account also cannot. Then, he asked me to do my algo first while
he asks the admin. Hmm...I thought...gonela...izzit my comp or what
Manoj and Kok Loon on my 2 sides seems to be happily coding away.
Die die die...what to do...

Shortly after that thought, I could see (ok...more like sense cos I
was seated at the front) other frantic hands waving. Hmm...seems
to be a common problem...not too bad then. Haha...when Kok Loon was
started punching his fingers randomly on his keyboard, I thought "
Yes...we're all having the same problem...haha". Anyway, it WAS
really the fault of the server which was caused by some problem hmm.
The forum is overloaded with students comments about what to do.
Either a retest or reduction in percentage. Either way, there's
gonna be a LOT of complaints about unfairness and all that...
Personally, I really don't want to go through the horror of another
PE...so I hope that the lecturers meeting on Monday will come out
with a decision to my favour...no retest pls *crosses fingers*...

For dinner, I went for tech MM treat at Svensens in Jurong Point.
Wow, Giap is really generous...although some money may be hall money,
but I believe that part of the money is from his own pocket as well.
He asked us to order as much as we want to eat which Frederick kindly
obeyed haha... I had chicken baked cheese rice which was pretty nice,
and my side of the table ordered 5 ice-cream dishes + 2 snacks.
A very rich sugar intake haha...Ice cream was pretty cool coming
in all sorts of patterns...sundaes, on crumbles (or is the whole
thing called crumble...it's ice cream on some sort of cake)... We
pretty much js dug into all the ice cream with the long, thin spoons
provided resulting in super fullness after that. Ju Ee got some
pictures of the food and the people as well...I'm waiting for that.
The food were pretty nice, though I somehow prefer js the normal
portion of ice cream...maybe cos this is just too many flavours and
styles that it kinda all blended into each other and I couldn't
taste the real thing haha. But, overall superb dinner.

Hmm...and somehow Jasvind has this idea that my blog is a food blog?
Cos of Jon I think....Jon...I think you confused my blog with
someone elses blog. Cos I dun have a camera so I dun upload many pictures (about food especially). Hmm..which...come to thinkof it...is a pretty fun thing to do...to blog about food I mean...Haha...when I get good food of course...
posted by z_jun at 8:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home