My Story

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Group assignments are really a pain in the a**. It's so irritating and weird that 3 ppl are supposed to come up with an essay. While it's true that we should discuss and distribute the workload among us, things may not be as easy and straightforward. During this painful period of CTW, there are times when I seem to have an idea and my group members are not on the same page. And with my lack of ability to express exactly what I am thinking, I don't think I got through to them. It's so difficult trying to get them to understand what I am thinking or even vice versa. Plus, the topic is so wide that we tend to go out of our main "thesis"...if or ever our thesis is even clear. There comes times when I just feel like throwing everything away and starting on a brand new, narrower, more specific topic...but because it's a group thing I just can't do that. It will be time and effort wasted...

Then, of course different groups will have different kind of members. Some 'sleeping' members, some hogging members, some are neutral. I must admit that I'm guilty of all 3. Sometimes you just feel so sick of the topic that you don't really want to contribute anything anymore, yet you know you must push on to get that better grade you hope that you can achieve. So, you take on all the responsibilities of the paper and promise to have an output...this I don't mind...although it may be a big amount of workload...but at least if it's done my urself you are kind of more confident with the work produced rather than other ppl's work...though I don't feel it's a very good group ethic...but at this point of time, u're just so desperate to get things done that you js don't care...as long as you feel it's alright...make the group feel okay with it...then everything should be alright. Cos I just HATE last minute rushes and dragging work...note that this does not apply to work only...I don't like last minute actions and dragginess...
posted by z_jun at 4:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home