My Story

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Went to Expo today. Before that, had lunch with Ho Yuet in Clementi...the 3.10 katsudon at Sumo House was filling and satisfying. It's more worth it eating there than at arts canteen. It's nicer, bigger portion and it's cheaper...

We went to almost (if not all) all the free exhibitions in Expo. Comparing the individual exhibitions to PC Fair...it's really a much smaller scale. Collectively though, there's pretty much to explore. The Robinson's sale had the most number of customers in it. I guess branded stuff really does pull in the crowd. But they really had a great variety of stuff from men's to ladies to childrens stuff and even food was available... :p

The home decor exhibition was the least visited...though they probably had the most number of salesmen or promoters...haha.... There were a few nice promoters who so kindly entertained us even though me and HY really don't look like we own a house... :p

MPH sale was the one that I spent most of my time at...until it began to feel really cold... I was scanning through all the books for Jeffrey Archer's books...but couldn't find any (only had Jeffrey Deaver books keep popping up here and there). The books were pretty cheap...with paperback books only costing 5 dollars and general books going for 8 dollars. But I feel the paperback versions were really worth a buy...if u found good books. And I did buy 2 books haha...Dan Brown's Deception Point and Digital Fortress. I already have Da Vinci Code...and I couldn't find Angels and Demons. I heard Deception Point was good from Adeline... And these are I assume...good books...and going only for apiece? How can u ever find such a good bargain...it's more than half priced... haha... of course the books were slightly "damaged"...abit bent in a weird angle...but I managed to find some which are in pretty good condition...

Last but not least...the Food Indulgence Exhibition... hoho...got some free samples... I settled my dinner there...Japanese Pizza (it's some vege+egg+meat+some other stuff) pretty good to eat. And also mango sago...first time trying it...it's mango+sago+pomelo...didn't really like the pomelo...cos it was sour...liked the cooling feeling tho... Too bad my stomach wasn't feeling very hungry otherwise I would have gobbled up some Laksa and bak zhang... they were going for only a dollar each wow... The price of the Laksa is understandable as it is only a very small bowl... but the bak zhang... 1 dollar?? it looked pretyt normal sized to me...wonder what's the catch?? Leftover from Bak Zhang festival? Hopefully not... otherwise we'll be seeing a food poisoning headlines alongside the H1N1 news tmr... :p The H1N1 numebr of cases is really rising fast man...cos in Singapore it's hard to avoid crowded places isn't it? :p
posted by z_jun at 9:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home